There are 23 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Benning lab".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 23
- 1. Harnessing synthetic biology to co-produce high-value terpenoid biomaterials and biofuel in plants
The new synthetic biology tools allow to produce both terpenoids and oil, a biofuel resource, in plant leaves.
- By By Igor Houwat, Radin Sadre, Bjoern Hamberger; Banner image by Radin Sadre
- 2. Kenny Wang wins 2018 Kende Award
The Kende award recognizes the best doctoral dissertation in the plant sciences at Michigan State University over the last two years.
- By By Igor Houwat, Kenny Wang
- 3. [VIDEO] New biofuel production system powered by a community of algae and fungi
The system lowers cultivation and harvesting costs and increases productivity, factors that currently hold back biofuels from being widely adopted.
- By By Igor Houwat, Zhi-Yan (Rock Du)
- 4. Keeping up with lipids on the move: a new molecular tracking method
Scientists have created a new tracking method for plant lipids. The approach could fill our knowledge gaps of lipid movement and help us improve yields in crops targeted for biofuels.
- By By Igor Houwat, Anna Hurlock
- 5. Microbiologists and plant scientists find secret to tackling cholera [LINK]
While cholera rages across many regions of the world, a team of microbiologists and plant scientists from the Benning lab has pinpointed a genetic weakness in the pandemic’s armor, which could lead to future treatments.
- By By Layne Cameron
- 6. 2018 Anton Lang Memorial Award Winners Announced
Han Bao and Eric Poliner have won the 2018 Anton Lang Memorial Award.
- By By Igor Houwat
- 7. A new DNA editing toolkit for the alga Nannochloropsis
The alga Nannochloropsis is increasingly of interest for the production of biofuels and other oil-based chemicals.
- By By Igor Houwat, Eric Poliner
- 8. When lipids meet hormones: plants' answer to complex stresses
How plants harvest their own chloroplasts - photosynthesis machines that make their food - to help defend against outside threats.
- By By Igor Houwat, Kun Wang
- 9. Yang Yang, PRL post-doc, starts science editor position at Wiley Beijing
Yang Yang, a former post-doc in the lab of Christoph Benning, has started a science editor position at the Wiley Beijing office. Wiley is a global company that specializes in academic publishing.
- By Igor Houwat
- 10. Christoph Benning wins 2018 MSU Innovator of the Year Award with John Ohlrogge
The two scientists were recognized by the MSU Innovation Center for their work on a gene switch that allows plants to accumulate seed oil.
- By Igor Houwat, Val Osowski; Photo courtesy of Katie Stiefel, Moonsail North
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 23